Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pinterests

It's easy to spend hours "pinning" and imagining all the wonderful things you can do and recipes you can make, without actually doing any of it! Thanks to the wonderful world of pinterest, I no longer feel the need to blow 5 bucks on a magazine for inspiration photos.

Here is my pinterest account.

If you haven't jumped on the P train yet, do it! You'll never want for yumm-o recipes or birthday party ideas again!

Here are a few pinterest ideas I've brought to life in our home...


Frame your thermostat eyesore!
via

Here's my version:


iPhones don't take good pics without decent lighting. It was a bummer the light switch was right below the thermostat. Oh well... it's a bit cuter now then it was. :) I bought a $3 frame from TJMaxx, spray painted it white, and hung it on a nail. Quick and easy craft- yes please!




Homemade Girl Scout Samoas:
via
My version:

via
Go ahead, snicker at my less-than-pinterest-worthy version of these Girl Scout gems. I opted for the "bar" version of the cookie. Supposedly it was easier. I would beg to differ. This was a very laborious (yes, that word makes me laugh) task. I spent more than three hours straight on my feet, carefully following all the crazy steps, and was highly disappointed when my chocolate drizzle didn't turn out beautifully like the first picture. 3 hours, sore feet, sticky messy kitchen, and ugly bars to boot. Won't make these again, even though they TASTE delicious. I think I'll gladly shell out 4 bucks for a box of the real mccoy.




The ever-popular wall gallery:


Check out my version of the ever-popular wall gallery, which just happens to be one of my fav spots in the house! I can't take credit for it, though. One of my best friends Elizabeth, who I must say has a gift for hanging pictures, graced our new house with her mad skills. :) I do love all things white. I'd fill all our hallways with white framed pictures if I could. The problem is the little word called "budget." I gathered all the frames from our old apartment and decided to combine them all into one lovely collage. I kinda love the mis-mash of wood/brown/white/cream frames.

Wow...should've straightened them before snapping the shot. O Well.



Here are the pinterests I'm currently working on or wishing I had time for!

One of many projects I want to do for Asher's room. Quick trip to Lowe's and $3 bucks on a 1x6.
via
Doing one row of this in the laundry room. Have the stuff, just need the hubby to secure it to the wall!

via
Planning on doing this in the living room behind the couch. I love the rustic/chic look it adds to the room. 

via

Time to call it a night. Enjoy pinning!

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of framing the thermostat. Ours is in a bad spot on the same wall where I would like to do a wall gallery. Now I can just make the thermostat part of the gallery. Now to find the time to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you could spray paint the frames all white!?

    ReplyDelete