Today was one of those days.
Actually, it was like nothing I've ever experienced before.
I was in the middle of nursing Hallie, on our bed, when she had THE most explosive diaper I've ever seen. It got everywhere. And by "it" I mean.... **it. No one should ever use that word that hasn't experienced what I experienced today.
Meanwhile, as I'm sitting on the bed contemplating what to do about all the "it," I hear Asher doing his throw-up cough. I knew it was coming. Then, I heard it all go down. Down on the floor, on my nice clean white carpet, in my un-sealed kitchen tile grout. All down the sides of our dining table and Asher's high chair.
By the time I managed to get out to the kitchen, Asher had barfed up his entire donut breakfast and chocolate milk. It stunk. I stunk.
And, I had several work deadlines looming over my head. And Chris had to leave for important work-related errands.
Since today seems to be a never-ending "AND..." day, I'll go ahead and un-load my "purse brain" (see a blog I wrote forever ago about having a purse brain)...here goes.
*I hate the new blogger layout.
*I will NEVER finish my stencil wall. Sigh
*Will Asher ever learn to share?
*The warning we got from our HOA about having weeds in our front yard, when the 50 empty lots surrounding our house look like a 4 foot-tall jungle??? I am proud to say my hubs took a picture of the completely enshrouded fire hydrant in the next lot and plans to mail it right back to the HOA with our own warning- their illegal treatment of fire hydrants due to lack of responsibility. I wanted him to demand a refund of our HOA fee, but he nixed that brilliant idea.
![]() |
| See exhibit A- Can you find the fire hydrant? |
*The vast amount of pinterest projects I long to do, and yet have no time for, no money for, and no energy for.
*I guess my baby weight is done falling off. I lost 26 pounds immediately, all while eating a bowl of chocolate ice cream pretty much every day since Hallie was born. I've been stuck at a stubborn 5-lbs-more-than-my-pre-baby-weight for a couple weeks now. Drat it all. I HATE diets. I stink at them.
*What do you do when both kids are crying/screaming at the same time? Eeny meeny miney mo?
Things I'm ok with today:
*The fact that my yellow and teal living room is yellow and teal. No, I'll never be able to add in red or blue accents, but I'm ok with that. It's me, 100%.
*Spending $40 on newborn pics of Hallie. One project I CAN do is order off the internet! Plus shutter fly had 50% off all their prints. I got a 20x30 print of her for 11 bucks! Thanks to my wonderful friend Katie for snapping some impromptu shots of Hallie! Check out here blog here!
*Someone on Forney Treasure Exchange buying a pair of my never-worn shoes for $20. Yay for closet clean-outs and junk-sale Facebook groups.
Things I'm VERY grateful for:
*My iPod. I've been able to tote it around with me wherever/whenever I need to nurse, allowing me to read books on it, watch shows, etc without having to be in the living room for TV or turn on a light to read.
*Friends who come by with dinner. If you have a pregnant or new mommy friend, please bring them dinner. Right away. It's such a lovely lovely thing.
*The fact that I'm about to fill a new hallway full of professional maternity, newborn, and family photos taken by my in-laws. It's definitely a blessing that I take full advantage of! =) Visit their website here!
*A husband who lovingly mows, weeds, and otherwise takes care of our lawn (well before we ever got our warning from the HOA, I might add. They must have come by 2 weeks ago and seen the weeds, then figured they could send the warning 2 weeks later. Dumb)
*Pinesol. And mops.
*A beautiful baby girl who loves to be held and depends on me for everything.
*An adorable toddler boy who loves to play cars and eat cheese.
*A playroom where Asher can make a huge mess.
*A wonderful mom who is going to be of great help next week when I'll be away at state testing for my job.
*The two new chairs I got for our play room, which were on a ridiculously good sale, and for my sweet and generous husband who justified it by saying we would finally have enough seating for our Young Life kids. :) I really just want to sell the loveseat, replace it with these chairs, and have room for future play kitchens and doll houses. :)
![]() |
| find here but i think the sale is over |
*Time to blog. In the midst of all this chaos, I still manage to find a good 30 minutes to sit, unload my purse brain and do what I really enjoy doing-writing. Granted, I'm typing one-handed while holding Hallie, nursing, and kicking a ball back and forth with Asher, so what I could have done in 15 mins took twice as long. :)
God bless all the mommies out there! Oh, and please send some peace, refreshment, and energy our way! Thanks God.
Psalm 127:3-- Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward.





Just wanted to say, I came by after google FTE and saw this post. :)
ReplyDelete