Saturday, March 5, 2011
Lists and things...
One of my best friends told me that she likes reading blogs with lists, and I totally agree. Sometimes reading long posts is too daunting of a task in the evening or during precious nap time breaks.
Therefore, today's blog will be a short, organized conglomeration of thoughts.
5 things interesting enough to make the list:
1. Jilian Michael's 30 Day Shred- 20 minutes of amazing workout. I can already see a difference in my mommy tummy!
2. Free Saturday at Nasher Sculpture Center in downtown Dallas= fun day with my Bible study girls! (haha- we took Asher to the Nasher!)
3. I survived one year of motherhood! And if you ask me when he started sleeping through the night, when he first rolled over/crawled/laughed/etc, I won't be able to tell you. It's all one big blur. I CAN say that he has been the easiest baby ever. I do remember him sleeping really well very early on. Newborn phase was awesome, because Chris and I took Asher everywhere! Restaurants, movies (yes- he slept through them until about 3 months old), church, mall, you name it.
4. My biggest piece of advice for mommyhood: Don't hog your baby. Hah. I know that sounds weird, but I've had so many people tell me how impressed they are with me and Chris being easy-going parents. Let people help you. Let people hold baby. And don't be afraid to leave baby in crib, even if he's crying, if you need a break. He'll still be there when you get back, and mommy will be able to be a better mommy if she takes care of herself. I guess that was two pieces of advice, so that takes care of #5.
(Make no mistake, though, that having a baby is a huuuuge sacrifice. Yes, I make sure to take frequent breaks-be it shower/Target run/workout/hideincloset, but every day is completely scheduled around Asher) :)
6. My husband. He's an incredible hubby, daddy, and my very best friend. Life has thrown some curveballs at us lately and it's been a little rough, but I'm so thankful I have a man like him to lead our family. With God in control and with Chris by my side, we can get through this last year of seminary!
Oh- get e-mealz.com! I love the Walmart for 2 meal plan. It feeds us and there are enough left-overs for lunch the next day. Use the code "DAVE" and get 3 months of recipes for $12! Just remember to print your recipes each week. I forget way too much. Yummy and cheap recipe plans here!
Have a good weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment