Monday, June 13, 2011

projects out the wazoo

I haven't had much time lately to sit down and blog. I have so many projects and pictures I want to share, so it's going to be hard to talk about one thing at a time!

First, let me start with a pic of my favorite little poopy booty boy! He is growing up so fast, I can't believe it! I'm loving being at home with him and watching him do his crazy half-head-stands.


Lately, I've been working on:

an upholstered headboard for our master bedroom
silhouette paintings for the bedroom
stenciling the entryway wall and painting in the lines!
painting the dining room wall
finishing up the living room curtains and roman shade
sewing pillows
making gutter bookshelves for the playroom

The not-so-fun-stuff:

sealing all the grout in the house (ahhhh!!)
staining the fence
weeding the lawn and garden
cleaning after each project, which takes almost as long as the projects themselves!

...All while working from home, taking care of Asher, and trying to keep up with all the ins and outs of homeownership (changing our address on everything, paying bills, endless housework, disposing of various and sundry bugs and spiders, organizing endless amounts of junk). Take that, real housewives of wherever, with your four nannies and five maids and botoxed foreheads.

I'll leave you with a picture of the new headboard- It's now cut out by my wonderful husband (of almost 3 years!!!) and waiting to be foamed and batted by muah.

1 wife with lots of design ideas + 1 husband with manly tools and manly muscles=lots of really cool thingamajigs

Off to cook some yummy Asian noodle salad (from e-mealz-highly recommend!) and caramel apple cookies. Weird combo, right? I found two yummy recipes and have the ingredients for both, so why not make a meal out of it? I'm a pioneer woman in the making. Oh yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment